If you like meeting and helping people, have a ready smile, and like to do lots of walking, then this is the role for you!
Escorting clients is the main function of this service. Families are stressed and the extra little touch to take them to where they need to be helps them focus on their child.
- escorting families and visitors to their required destination (one volunteer wore a pedometer for their four-hour shift and walked 10km!)
- assembling folders for medical records
- administrative work such as mail outs
- distributing promotional material
- selling merchandise
- providing assistance to the physiotherapy department as a spotter at the hydrotherapy pool, which involves observing the session from the poolside and being ready to raise the alarm in case of an emergency while the child and therapist are in the pool.
To become a Volunteer, download the application form or click below.
Need help finding your way around? Visit our information desks where one of our friendly volunteers can escort you through the hospital.
- Main Admissions foyer – level 1 Foundation Building
- Lift lobby near car park entrance – level 1 Coles/Woolworths Building
Alternatively, you can ask the nurses or receptionist in your ward to phone for volunteer assistance.