OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT TO OUR SUPPORTERS:
What Personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that is necessary to carry out our fundraising appeals.
Personal information held by us may include your name, address, any previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, e-mail address, donation details, and a supporter number. It is your choice whether you choose to provide all or some of this personal information – your choice may affect the way in which we communicate with you.
How do we collect Personal Information?
- Directly from you, when you provide us with information by phone, mail, web or e-mail
- From third parties such as friends who have referred you to us
- From publicly available sources such as the telephone directory
When visiting this web site the Children's Health Foundation site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's server address - this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc.) - this allows us to tailor browser or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently on each platform;
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.) - this can allow us to tailor information relevant to different domains;
- the date and time of the visit to the site - this is important for identifying the web site's busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded - this indicates to us which pages or documents are most important to our users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit - this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our users;
- geographic location - this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- the site visited before the RCHF web site - this helps us determine the interests of our users and which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
Access to information collected
The Children's Health Foundation will not make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider's logs.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used to:
- To thank you for your support
- To keep you informed of our work
- To inform you of our fundraising appeals
- To provide you with our supporter services
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In using your personal information for the above purposes, we may need to disclose it to outside organisations such as:
- Our financial institutions
- Our appeal mailing house
- Our contracted service providers such as our telemarketing agency
Opting Out - it's your choice
At times, we may share your details (never credit card information) with like minded organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you.
In return, these organisations allow us to contact their supporters so that we can reach more generous people like you who may be inspired to work wonders for sick kids.
Should you decide you do not wish to receive communications from a third party please contact our Privacy Officer to issue your request by:
- Calling (07) 3852 1199 during business hours
- or by writing to our Privacy Officer at:
PO Box 99, Royal Brisbane Hospital Queensland, 4029
Access to your Personal Information
Upon request, we can provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to do so, your request will need to be in writing for security reasons.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take every care to protect the personal information we hold.
This includes using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Information is only made available to employees or parties who need access to it in order to do their jobs. These employees are committed contractually to maintaining confidentiality.
This site contains links to other sites. The Children's Health Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. The Foundation has no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked web sites.
This web site only uses session cookies and only during a search query of the web site. Our Internet Service Provider has assured us that no cookies are employed on this web site except for those associated with the search engine. The web site statistics for this site are generated from the web logs as outlined above.
Upon closing your browser the session cookie set by this web site is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our web site at a later date.
Cookies can be either "persistent" or "session" based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing web site. Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Acceptance of Terms
By using Children's Health Foundation web site, you signify your assent to this Privacy Statement. If the Foundation updates or changes this Privacy Statement, the changes will be made on this page. Your continued use of Children's Health Foundation web site following the posting of changes this Privacy Statement will mean you accept those changes.